The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s office has determined that a Wednesday fire that damaged a business building in Selbyville business was accidental.
The blaze, reported shortly before 7:30 a.m., occurred in the 100 block of Dixon Street at Avalanche Industries, an online retail services company. Firefighters found an active fire inside the building’s attic space.
Investigators determined the fire was caused by faulty electrical wiring. There were no reported injuries and damage was estimated at $20,000.