The most visited Delaware Delaware Business Now post in May was a restaurant round-up story featuring news of Helen’s Sausage House coming to Newark.
The 40-year-old business had been content to stay on Dupont Highway near Smyrna for four decades. The new owner, the fourth generation of the founding family, has expansion in mind, with a beach location also a possibility.
Coming at No. 2 was a piece on the uncertain future for Delaware shops of Amtrak after the passenger railroad announced new maintenance locations and plans for a site in Philadelphia as it rolls out a new generation of equipment.
Fourth was the State of Delaware pointing out that using marijuana at its properties remains illegal.
No. 3 was a major drug bust in the Rosegate neighborhood just outside Wilmington that included the seizing of a pill-making machine and multiple arrests.
Not quite making the top 10 list was the announcement of Buccini/Pollin Group pumping more than $200 million into the former DuPont Co. office complex in recent years, with some of the office space becoming apartments in downtown Wilmington.
- Food and Drink: Helen’s Sausage House, Del Pez coming to Newark; Wawa ramps up catering; new SoDel brand
- Future of Delaware shops unclear as Amtrak moves forward on new maintenance sites
- Multiple arrests after a bust of large-scale Rosegate drug manufacturing and distribution operation
- Policy barring weed use in state buildings goes into effect
- Biden spends the weekend at Rehoboth home
- Assault weapon certificate of possession Saturdays scheduled at 3 locations
- Airline notes: Avelo’s growth spurt, Biden’s compensation rule for canceled flights, remembering Frontier
- Delaware Gas price drop among the steepest in the nation
- Cell phones will be allowed in Delaware courthouses under a pilot program
- New Castle tow yard vehicle fires ruled arson