Export Delaware has announced The Compass Grant, a new program from the Delaware Department of State designed to help Delaware small businesses sell their products worldwide. A webinar on December 12 will outline the program. You can Register here
Delaware small businesses may apply for a Compass Grant to support international travel or business development activities. This grant will have greater flexibility than previous programs. Compass grant funds can be used to reimburse up to 50 percent of all pre-approved, eligible, international marketing expenses, up to a maximum of $10,000 per fiscal year, per company.
This grant funding may be used to support international marketing efforts such as:
- Booth fees for exhibiting at a tradeshow overseas
- Travel expenses (hotel and airfare) for visiting potential clients or distributors in another country
- Fees to work with the US Commercial Service on International Partner Search
- Fees associated with obtaining your CE Mark
- Expenses for translating your product marketing material into another language
- Expenses for optimizing and localizing your website for a foreign market
Who should attend
- Any manufacturer or professional services provider interested in learning more about increasing their sales to other countries.
- Current exporters looking for additional funding to increase their sales.
The speaker is Beth Pomper, drector of International Business Development for Export Delaware
Pomper has 30 years of eadership experience in support of global business activities. She is responsible for the Strategic Export Plan for the State of Delaware. Pomper has established Delaware’s global representative network, with 12 foreign offices servicing 50 countries and has assisted nearly 100 Delaware companies launch and expand their export sales, generating over $375 million in business and creating nearly 100 jobs in the state.