ChristianaCare has achieved the Healthgrades 2020 America’s 100 Best Hospitals Award — placing in the top two percent of nearly 4,500 hospitals assessed nationwide for clinical performance as measured by Healthgrades.
ChristianaCare has received the America’s 100 Best Hospitals Award for four years in a row for Christiana Hospital and Wilmington Hospital.
“At ChristianaCare, we’re committed to providing the right care, at the right time, in the right place for all of the people who live in all of the communities we serve,” said Janice E. Nevin, CEO.
“Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals Award sets the recipient organizations apart for their commitment to quality of care and outstanding clinical outcomes,” said Brad Bowman, M.D., chief medical officer at Healthgrades. “Consumers can feel confident in using Healthgrades’ analysis as a guide when researching where to receive care.”
According to Healthgrades, from 2016 through 2018, patients treated in hospitals achieving the award had, on average, a 25.2 percent lower risk of dying than if they were treated in hospitals that did not receive the award, as measured across 19 rated conditions and procedures for which mortality is the outcome.*
In addition to Healthgrades, ChristianaCare is nationally recognized as a top performer in quality and safety by other rating organizations including U.S. News & World Report, Newsweek and the American College of Surgeons.ChristianaCare received the following distinctions from Healthgrades in 2020:
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement for five years in a row
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Spine Surgery for seven years in a row
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Gastrointestinal Care for nine years in a row
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for General Surgery™ for nine years in a row
- Top 5 percent in the nation in joint replacement, spine surgery and overall pulmonary services.
- Top 5 percent in the nation for overall services for gastrointestinal care, including general surgery and medical treatment.
For more information on how Healthgrades determines award recipients, and for more information on Healthgrades Quality Solutions, visit www.healthgrades.com/quality