ChristianaCare has allocated nearly $2 million into the community to improve health through the ChristianaCare Community Investment Fund.
The fund supports partnerships to build the community’s capacity to address social, behavioral and environmental factors that impact health.
“As we work to improve health for everyone — in all of the communities we serve — we recognize that we can’t do it alone,” said Janice E. Nevin, M.D., CEO of ChristianaCare. “There are so many organizations in our community that are providing important, effective services that help people to lead healthier lives. Through these investments, we can help them to sustain and grow these efforts, as we work together to make a positive impact on our community.”
This year’s 32 awardees will receive funding to support community health improvement initiatives focused on high-need communities.
“This is a commitment to the good health of our neighbors,” said Bettina Tweardy Riveros, chief health equity officer at ChristianaCare. “By partnering with these community organizations, we are aligning our resources to increase our effectiveness and impact in our community so all Delawareans can achieve their best health.”
The funded initiatives address a diverse array of health-related needs, including behavioral health, housing, food and workforce development.
“We have incredible partners in the community,” said Erin Booker, LPC, vice president of community health and engagement at ChristianaCare. “Each of these organizations is making a difference, tackling challenging issues and helping to lift up our neighbors who need help. We are privileged to work alongside them and provide them with support, so that together, we can build a healthier community.”
The funded initiatives will be implemented throughout the upcoming year. The application process for next year’s funding will open in June 2020 and be available at christianacare.org/communityhealth.
The 32 inaugural Community Investment Fund recipients are:
- AIDS Delaware
- Be Ready Community Development Corporation
- Brandywine Social Club
- Central Baptist Community Development Corporation
- Communities in Schools Delaware
- Delaware Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Delaware College of Art and Design
- Delaware Community Reinvestment Action Council, Inc.
- Family Counseling Center of St. Paul’s
- Habitat for Humanity of New Castle County
- Jewish Family Services of Delaware
- Latin American Community Center
- Literacy Delaware
- Lori’s Hands
- Metropolitan Wilmington Urban League
- Ministry of Caring
- National Association of Social Workers Delaware
- Neighborhood House, Inc.
- NorthEast Treatment Centers, Inc.
- Planned Parenthood of Delaware
- Philanthropy Delaware
- Project New Start, Inc.
- Rodel Foundation
- Michael’s School and Nursery
- Survivors of Abuse in Recovery, Inc.
- The Life Health Center
- TRIAD Addiction Recovery Services
- True Access Capital
- UrbanPromise Wilmington
- West End Neighborhood House
- YWCA Delaware Inc.