The Delaware Hotel and Lodging Association honored industry members and supporters at its annual Industry Awards Dinner held Feb. 1 at the Embassy Suites Hotel in Newark.
The event drew more than 100, despite a number of people from Kent and Sussex not being able to attend due to the weather.
The association serves as the voice for the hotel and lodging industry, which employs 10,000 in Delaware.
Award winners are:
Manager of the Year
- Mark Chopko- Courtyard Newark- UD
Front of House Employee of the Year (tie- 2 winners)
- Kathy Quimby – Homewood Suites Newark
- Jeffery Straub – Hyatt Place Dewey Beach
Housekeeper of the Year
- Chirleen Wisher – Hotel DuPont
Heart of House Employee Of the Year
- Yuri Flores – Hilton Christiana
General Manager of the Year
- Anthony Petro – Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington Newark
Allied Member of the Year
- Doug Rainey – Chief Content Officer and Co-owner of Delaware Business Now
Legislator of the Year
- Mayor Michael S. Purzycki of the City of Wilmington
DHLA Award $2,500
- Eunice Kennedy – Delaware Technical and Community College
Greater Wilmington Convention and Visitors Bureau Award $2,500
- Matt Gauding – University of Delaware