Gov. John Carney, along with DNREC Secretary Shawn M. Garvin, Delaware Association of Conservation Districts President Robert Emerson and USDA-Natural Resources Conservation Service State Conservationist Kasey Taylor, led a ceremony recognizing this year’s honorees and signed a proclamation officially designating April 30-May 7 as Soil and Water Stewardship Week in Delaware under the theme, “Healthy Soils Are Full of Life.”
This year’s Conservation Award winners are:
New Castle County
- Agricultural: John R. Stinson & Sons Inc., Hockessin
- Urban: Dragon Run Tide Gate Repair, Delaware City
- Agricultural: Robbins Farms, Milford
- Urban Conservation Award: DE Turf, Frederica
- Agricultural Conservation Award: James H. Baxter IV, Baxter Farms Inc., Georgetown
Urban Conservation Award: Delaware Botanic Gardens at Pepper Creek, Dagsboro
Delaware Association of Conservation Districts’ Legislator of the Year
The Delaware Association of Conservation Districts (DACD) also recognizedState Senator David G. Lawson, 15thDistrict, as the 2016 Legislator of the Year, an annual award given for outstanding service, loyalty and devotion to conservation efforts in Delaware.
First place winner of National Conservation Poster Contest recognized
A Eason Li, a 6thgrader from Newark who attends The Independence School.