Commercial real estate – Northern Delaware State of the Market
January 30 @ 7:30 am - 10:00 am$109
Guest speakers at the Bisnow event include Wilmington Mayor Mike Purzycki and Robert Buccini of Buccini/Pollin Group.
- With Bank of America moving out of Bracebridge I & III office vacancy rates have gone from 16.1% to 23%. What tenants would be able to take such a large amount of office space?
- Hundreds of affordable and market-rate housing units, a food hall, and a new hotel have hit downtown Wilmington. Will this economic boom bring a younger demographic to the city?
- Similarly, to Philadelphia, Wilmington has a wage tax, as well as a headcount tax. With affordability being a big selling point for Wilmington, should the city look to re-do their tax code to help attract business?
- Newark has heated up in recent months with five properties being sold for over $100 million. What has caused outside money to be so bullish on Newark?
- Class-A office space is on average $6 cheaper per Sq. Ft. in Wilmington than Philadelphia. What besides price is helping to draw companies to Wilmington?