Pettinaro has listed leases on seven new retail tenants at its 56-acre, mixed-use development, known as Barley Mill near Greenville and west of Wilmington. A lease for Delaware’s first Wegmans supermarket is drawing most of the attention, slated to open in the fall.
- Other leases
- – First Watch – A breakfast and lunch establishment with a location in the Christiana area and locations around the nation.
- – McGlynns Pub – A family-style sports bar and restaurant with multiple locations in Delaware.
- – La Tolteca – Authentic Mexican restaurant with multiple locations.
- – GoHealth Urgent Care – A joint partnership with ChristianaCare with multiple locations.
- – Performance Physical Therapy & Fitness, currently with three northern Delaware locations.
- – Spa #1 Nails – A spa providing nail salon, waxing, and eyelash services.
The tenants are scheduled to open in the late summer and fall of this year.
Pettinaro announced it is in active discussions with several other retail tenants and anticipates having several more tenants joining the roster of Barley Mill, a former DuPont Co. site.
In addition to the retail buildings, a 105,303 square foot three-story Class A office building is also currently under construction. A lease has already been signed by one undisclosed nationally recognized office tenant to occupy approximately 22,000 square feet.
The office building is scheduled to be completed in mid-2023.
Another 52,000 square foot office is available for development at Barley Mill.
A total of 80 “luxury flats” will be constructed at the property in the near future. In addition, Montchanin Builders has started construction of 33 townhomes for sale at Barley Mill, and currently, 11 of the townhomes have been sold.
The retail component of Barley Mill is comprised of four newly constructed buildings totaling 34,700 square feet of retail uses. Also, there is an undeveloped pad site available for lease of up to 4,000 square feet of building area.