Due to a steep decline in new cases, The Delaware Division of Public Health will move from weekly to monthly reports.
The next report will be on April 22. If the situation changes, updates will be offered before that date.
About two-thirds of deaths and hospitalizations involve individuals who have not been fully vaccinated.
A newsletter from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention cautioned about reading too much into an uptick in cases that occur. The CDC noted that any sizable increase in cases is coming off a low base and will be as serious as it first appears.
Cases have remained low, even though mask and other restrictions have largely gone away in non-healthcare settings. More than 90% of the state’s adults received at least one dose of vaccine.
DPH noted the state will continue to offer free vaccinations and testing, despite the end of federal reimbursement for lower-income individuals in early April, due to Congressional inaction on additional funds.
Those without insurance can still access free Covid-19 testing and vaccinations at Division of Public Health clinics. Those who have insurance are encouraged to seek testing and vaccinations at locations outside of DPH. For a list of testing locations statewide visit de.gov/gettested. For a list of vaccination sites, visit de.gov/getmyvaccine.
DPH opened four standing vaccine sites statewide to accommodate large numbers of individuals who wanted to get a vaccine. Due to declining vaccination numbers at the sites, vaccine administration activities will shift to the DPH Clinics.
Covid-19 cases and hospitalizations
- Total positive cases since March 11, 2020: 259,185
- Seven-day average of new positive cases: 63.0, a decrease of 0.1 average new positive cases from last week.
- Seven -day average for the percentage of total positive tests: 3.2%, an increase of 0.3 percentage points from last week.
- Hospitalizations: 35, a decrease of 11 from last week; critically ill: 2, a decrease of 3 critically ill case from last week.
- Total Covid-19 deaths: 2,837
- Total Covid-19 deaths reported since last week: 4, with another 21 coming from a review of Vital Statistics records.
- Total number of doses administered in Delaware: 1,707,244
- Percentage of Delawareans five+ who are fully vaccinated (CDC data): 72.3%
- Percentage of Delawareans 12+ who are fully vaccinated (CDC data): 76.5%
- Percentage of Delawareans 18+ who are fully vaccinated (CDC data): 78%
- Percent of Delawareans who are fully vaccinated (CDC data): 68.2%
COVID-19 vaccination status report:
The following reports capture a weekly breakdown of non-boosted cases, deaths, and hospitalizations for the time frame for March 14 – March 20, 2022.
(3/14/22 – 3/20/22)
|Total Non-boosted Cases||322|
|Percent of Non-boosted Cases||74%|
|Non-boosted Hospitalized Cases|
|Total Non-boosted Hospitalized Cases||14|
|Total Hospitalized Cases||21|
|Percent of Non-boosted Cases||67%|
|Total Non-boosted Deaths||3|
|Total COVID-19 Deaths||3|
|Percent of Non-boosted Deaths||100%|