The interactive dashboard below is provided courtesy of theDelaware Division of Health.
The dashboard breaks down information by county and zip code on total cases and the number of people testing positive for coronavirus.
The dashboard is updated daily, normally during the noon hour. Figures are current as of 6 p.m. on the previous day.
- Hospitalizations down.
- New Castle County is catching up to Sussex County in the number of COVID-19 cases. Sussex has seen an outbreak of the virus.
- The percentage of Delaware population tested has risen to 82,000 or about 8.3 percent of the state’s population.
- Delaware ranks seventh in the nation in the number of coronavirus cases per 100,000 population. (Source Statistica)
Update, June 14, 2020
The Delaware Division of Public Health (DPH) reported three additional deaths related to coronavirus.
In total, 422 Delawareans have passed away due to complications from COVID-19. Individuals who have died from COVID-19 ranged in age from 21 to 104 years old. Of those who have died, 224 were females and 198 were males. A total of 189 individuals were from New Castle County, 83 were from Kent County, and 150 were from Sussex County.
The most recent deaths announced today ranged in age from 68 to 104. One individual was female and two were male. Two were New Castle County residents and one was a Kent County resident. All three individuals had underlying health conditions. Two individuals were residents of long-term care facilities.
Of the 93 people currently hospitalized, 16 are critically ill.
Update: Saturday, June 13
The number of deaths from coronavirus rose by five to 419. The state now breaks down deaths by confirmed (tested) and suspected. Of the total number of deaths, all but 25 have been confirmed.
In addition, the Delaware Division of Public Health reported 93 total current COVID-19 hospitalizations in Delaware. It’s the first time since April 4 that hospitalizations had been below 100
The most recent deaths ranged in age from 72 to 89. Three individuals were female and two were male. One was a New Castle County resident, three were Kent County residents, and one was a Sussex County resident. All five individuals had underlying health conditions and were residents of long-term care facilities.
The total number of people testing positive rose past the 10,200 mark.
Update: Friday, June 12
The number of deaths remained unchanged from a day earlier. Hospitalizations fell to 100, with the number of people testing positive nearing the 10,200 mark and total tests at more than 77,000.
At a Friday press briefing, Gov. John Carney warned against residents backsliding and not observing social distancing.
“The virus is. not going away,” Carney said.
He noted that while those over 65 are the most vulnerable, the disease can ravage younger people in some cases.
Carney said he has seen more people being less careful, including sports teams practices. He pointed out a troubling resurgence of cases in North Carolina.
Carney says COVID-19 metrics in Delaware continue to move in the right direction, with the rate of new infections slowing and the number of hospitalizations declining to the 100 mark.
The percentage of people testing positive has dropped below 5 percent.