The Small Business Administration’s Delaware Office announced today SBA’s 2019 Delaware Small Business Award winners.
SBA’s Delaware District Director, John Fleming, will present the following winners with their awards at SBA’s annual Delaware Small Business Awards Dinner on May 9 at DuPont Country Club, 1001 Rockland Road, Wilmington.
SBA Delaware’s 2019 Small Business Person of the Year will their counterparts from other states atSBA’s ‘National Small Business Week’ (May 5 – 11) in Washington, D.C.
Click here to register for SBA’s May 9 Delaware Small Business Awards ceremony.
Small business, small business lenders, and small business community luminaries to be honored through SBA’s 2019 Delaware Small Business Awards are:
- Small Business Person of the Year: Donald Chupp,Fireside Partners, Inc.,Dover.
- Entrepreneurial Success Award: Frank Montisano,Excel Business Systems,Newark.
- Minority-Owned Business of the Year: Patricia Rivera,Hook PR & Marketing,Milton, Del.
- Woman-Owned Business of the Year: Christina Stanberry,Beyond Fifty Fitness Center, Wilmington and Hockessin.
- Veteran-Owned Business of the Year: Cindy Collins,Euphoric Herbals,Milford.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Judy Diogo: Central Delaware Chamber of Commerce,Dover, Del.
- Financial Services Champion: Linda Price,Fulton Bank,Georgetown.
- Frank H. Masley Champion Award: Michael Bowman, Delaware Small Business Development Center, Newark
- Top Delaware SBA 7(a) Program Lender: M & T Bank, (Number of Loans)
- Top Delaware SBA 7(a) Program Lender: WSFS Bank, (Dollar Amount)
- Top Delaware 504 Program Lender: Delaware Community Development Corporation
- Top Delaware 504 Program Third Party Lenders, tie:Fulton Bank, M & T Bank
- Mid-Atlantic Region SBDC of the Year: Delaware SBDC
“What makes SBA’s Small Business Awards Program shine is that it is a national awards program spotlighting America’s Main Streets,” said John Fleming, SBA Delaware Director. “Small business is the ‘engine of our nation’s economy,’ as we are so often reminded. But our small business community is so much more than that. It is a fundamental part of the core of our character as a nation. Small businesses shape the character of America’s Main Streets. They are often what make ‘home,’ ‘home.’ SBA’s Delaware Small Business Awards Program celebrates the small businesses that make our state ‘uniquely Delaware.’”