ILC Dover Frederica, received certification from Factory Mutual (FM) Approvals for a flood mitigation system that protects facility openings from flood damage through the use of flexible fabrics and webbing.
Using patented technology, the Side Deployed Flex-Wall2510 is approved to a water height of six feet – 80 percent higher than any other dry floodproofing product on the market.
“This FM Approval is an important milestone for our dry floodproofing business,” said Brad Walters, ILC Dover Vice President/General Manager. “ILC Dover’s flood mitigation products have had proven success in New York City protecting subway entrances and other critical infrastructure. Our customers have already benefited from the rapid deployment attributes by being able to wait until the last minute to utilize our solution to optimize their operational up-time.”
The ILC Dover FM Approved Side Deployed Flex-Wallrepresents three major milestones in dry floodproofing. These include:
- The first deployable system approved across a range of design flood elevations (DFEs) to 6 feet of water height.
- The first and only flexible membrane and webbing structure to be FM approved for openings.
- The first deployable dry floodproofing system approved at these water heights in a range of widths up to 21 feet with no need for center posts.
The Flex-Wall2510 flood protection system is stored at the point-of-use, enabling rapid deployment and retraction in minutes, before and after a flood event, eliminating downtime at the facility.
The system provides seepage protection to 0.08 gallons per hour per linear foot of seal and can be configured to cover doorways, storefront windows, vvehicle entrances elevators, and other typical and non-typical openings.
- Commercial and Hospitality facilities
- Locations that provide critical care to the sick and elderly
- Sites that treat water supplies.
- Locations that support transportation by air, rail and road
“If recent flooding has taught us anything, it’s that we must continue to identify flood risk, communicate that risk to the public, and to implement those tools and certified flood barrier products, such as the ILC Dover Flex-Wall 2510, which can be used in certain circumstances to eliminate the damages due to flooding,” said Randall L Behm PE, CFM chair, USACE National Nonstructural Committee USACE-Omaha.]