Miraglia named PNC Delaware market executive
PNC Bank announced that Greg Miraglia will assume the role of Market Executive for Delaware. In addition to serving as Market Executive, Miraglia is assuming responsibilities for leading PNC Private Bank as Wealth Director for the market.
Miraglia began his career in Delaware and joined PNC in 2016. He has served as Senior Relationship Strategist in Philadelphia, leading client teams and customer service initiatives in the local market. Prior to PNC, Miraglia served in a variety of client facing and leadership roles for financial institutions.
“Greg is an accomplished leader with deep expertise in wealth management and a keen understanding of the unique needs of PNC Private Bank clients,” said Joseph G. Meterchick, PNC Bank regional president for Philadelphia, Delaware and Southern New Jersey. “Greg’s long-standing ties to Delaware and record of success is the perfect complement to the strong PNC team and foundation that exists in the market.”
M&T Bank announced the appointment of Ishet Dhar as Chief Digital Officer (CDO). This decision reflects M&T’s increasing focus on digital.
Dhar has over two decades of global experience, most recently serving as senior vice president, digital consumer delivery at Bank of America. In this enterprise-wide role, Dhar will lead the strategy, integration and transformation of M&T’s digital platforms and serve as a key member of the company’s leadership.
Dhar currently resides in Newtown Square, PA. He will be based in M&T’s regional headquarters in Wilmington.
Welch to head state tourism office
Delaware Secretary of State Jeff Bullock on Monday announced that Jessica Welch will lead the Delaware Tourism Office as its next director. Welch most recently served as communications director of the Delaware Division of Small Business.
“Jessica brings an immense wealth of knowledge and experience to take on this crucial role in Delaware’s economy,” said Secretary of State Jeff Bullock. “The Tourism Office contributes billions each year to the state’s GDP and creates thousands of jobs in the process. As Delaware continues to be a preferred tourist destination, I know Jessica will expand upon the work done so far to continue attracting out-of-state visitors while promoting the prosperity of existing tourism businesses in the state.”
Welch has served as communications director of the Division of Small Business since July 2021.
Prior to joining the Division of Small Business, Welch served as the director of public relations for the Delaware State Housing Authority. She also has past experience in marketing and media relations roles at Hagley Museum and Library and the Delaware Office of Management and Budget.
A.T. Mofett named Arts in Education Director
The Delaware Institute for the Arts in Education (DiAE) announced that A.T. Moffet will become DiAE’s Executive Director.
She replaces Nanci Hersh, who served five years as executive director before stepping down in March to devote full- time efforts to her visual art.
A.T. brings to DiAE her experience not only as an educator trained in public policy but also a background and talents as a dancer and choreographer. Her policy interests include arts education, arts and aging, and arts and health.
DiAE has served over 100,000 students and teachers by providing hands-on experience with the arts, artists and aesthetic learning in the areas of music, visual art, poetry, dance, and theater. For more information about DIAE, go to https://www.diae.org, or call 302-660-478.
Mackarevich named principal shareholder at Arthur Hall
The board of Arthur Hall Insurance announced that Dan Mackarevich, was named as a principal shareholder for the firm.
Dan joins James Denham, Glenn Burcham, Mark Sammarone, Nicole Grebloskie, Josh Isler, and Karen Leary as an agency partner, member of the managing leadership team, and assumes the title of Vice President. Dan began his career with Arthur Hall Insurance in 2014 as a producer and Commercial Lines Account Executive.
Dan advises clients all over North America.
The leadership team welcomes Dan in his new agency role. “I am absolutely thrilled for Dan to join Arthur Hall Insurance Shareholder ranks,” says Arthur Hall Insurance President, James S. Denham, CPCU, CIC. “His experience and noteworthy accomplishments in the commercial insurance arena will certainly augment an already robust team with a diverse and unique skill set.”
Prior to his career at Arthur Hall Insurance, Dan worked in finance in New York City and Atlanta. Dan holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Bucknell University.
Arthur Hall has offices in Pike Creek and West Chester, PA.
Belfint, Lyons and Shuman announces promotions
Belfint, Lyons & Shuman, P.A., a certified public accounting and consulting firm with offices in Delaware and Pennsylvania, announced the following promotions:
Tyler Dorso, CPA, Tyler Starr, CPA, John Still, CPA, and Jonathan Turner, CPA have been promoted to Supervisor.
- Dorso joined the firm in June 2015 and is a member of the firm’s Tax & Small Business department. He earned his Bachelor of Science degrees in Accounting and Finance from West Chester University.
- Starr joined the firm as an intern in the summer of 2016 and continued with the firm upon graduation. Tyler is a member of the firm’s Employee Benefit Plan Practice Group within the Accounting & Auditing department. He earned his Bachelor of Science degrees in Accounting and Finance from West Chester University.
- Still joined the firm in January 2019 and is a member of the firm’s Accounting and Auditing department. John studied at the University of Delaware, obtaining both a Master of Science and a Bachelor of Science in Accounting.
- Turner joined the firm in October 2019 and is a member of the firm’s Tax & Small Business department. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from University of Delaware and a Masters degree in Taxation from Rutgers.
Stacey Emmel and Danielle Jennings have been promoted to Administrative Services Supervisor.
- Emmel joined the firm in February 2020 and she assists throughout the year.
- Jennings oversees the daily duties of employees to ensure that quality standards are being met and proper procedures are being followed. She will be celebrating her 9th anniversary with BLS in October.
Andrew Treon has been promoted to Senior Accountant.
- Treon joined the firm as an intern in the summer of 2019 and continued as a full time team member in 2020. He is pursuing his CPA license.
- Brody Hudson, Jennifer Miller, and Alyce Smith have been promoted to Staff II Accountant.
- Hudson joined the firm as an intern in the summer of 2021 and continued as a full time team member in September 2021.
- Jennifer Miller joined the firm in August 2021 and is a member of the firm’s Tax & Small Business department.
- Alyce Smith joined the firm as an intern in the summer of 2020 and continued as a full time team member in June 2021.
OperaDelaware announces staff addition
OperaDelaware is thrilled to announce the following additions:
Kerriann Otaño joined OperaDelaware in the newly established position of Vice President of Engagement, a position which focuses on audience growth, external communication, and advocacy. With a decade of experience singing on leading opera stages across the country including the Metropolitan Opera, Washington National Opera, and Wolf Trap Opera, Otaño has been working in arts administration since 2019.
Carolyn Hupalowsky joined OperaDelaware as Company Manager in 2021 after working in the artistic department at Houston Grand Opera, Sarasota Opera, and Music Academy of the West. Originally from Cleveland, Carolyn received her master’s degree in bassoon performance from Cleveland State University before pursuing a career in arts administration.
Diane Shomper joined OperaDelaware as Board Liaison/Donor Services associate in November 2021. She brings to OD extensive experience in corporate communications in the industrial and financial services sectors.
Sarah Asmar joined the OperaDelaware staff as Development Associate in 2021, after first performing in the company’s production of Amleto in 2016. Since 2018, Sarah has held the position of Managing Director of The Music Series at South Church in New Britain, Connecticut.
Sharon Gaudino, a Delaware native, was named board president. Gaudino was appointed to the board in January of 2017 and previously served as board secretary in 2019/20 and board vice president in 2021. She was the Director of Learning Services for Computer Aid, Inc., an information technology services firm, and she specializes in corporate training and consulting.
Incoming vice president Dr. Marguerite Thew has served on the OperaDelaware board since 2019. She is a retired dermatologist and former Associate Professor in Dermatology at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.
Treasurer Dennis E. Williams serves the Delaware community as the Chief Financial Officer for the Delaware Nature Society and the Treasurer of the Christina Conservancy. He is a former state representative in the Delaware General Assembly and joined the OD board in 2020.
Evelyn Williams, retired Principal Consultant for DuPont, has recently completed her seventh season on the OperaDelaware board and will serve as board secretary.
Additionally, the OperaDelaware board welcomed several new members over the last 18 months.
- Robert Grenfell, longtime OD Advisory Board member and former President and Executive Director of First State Ballet Theatre.
- Christina MacMillan of M. Davis and Sons. MacMillan began her career with M. Davis & Sons 20 years ago in the accounting department and currently serves as the Vice President of Strategic Development.
- Meghan Newberry is a Talent Development Manager at Corporation Service Company in the Digital Brand Services division, in addition to running Meghan Newberry Photography.
- Nora Reilly works for the Beau Biden Foundation for the Protection of Children as the Major Gifts and Grants Manager.
- Dr. Ju Young Shin, associate professor at the University of Delaware, joined the board in the summer of 2021.
- Derrick L. Thompson joined the OperaDelaware board of directors in 2021 Thompson is the newly appointed Assistant Professor of Music and Director of Choral Activities at Albright College.