The Saturday summary from the Delaware Division of Public Health reported 33 deaths – 18 recent deaths and 15 from a review of Vital Statistics records (the month or months not readily available).
As the death toll rose, new daily cases dropped below 1,000 and hospitalizations dropped below 420.
Of those who died, 13 residents of Kent County, and 10 each were from New Castle and Sussex counties, and ranged in age from their 30s to their 90s. All had underlying health conditions and three were residents of long-term care facilities.
Of those who died, 18 were not vaccinated and 15 were fully vaccinated. The 33 deaths increased Delaware’s total number of Covid-related fatalities to 2,531.
The other numbers
- 914 new positive cases, bringing the overall total to 246,959.
- 20.5% of total tests were positive in the 7-day rolling average, down 1.1 percentage points from the previous day).
- 418 current hospitalizations, down 35 from the previous day, including 42 individuals in critical condition.
- 19 new hospital admissions (unchanged from the previous day.
- 7,651 tests performed daily in the seven-day average, down 331 from the previous day.
- 643,874 people fully vaccinated.
For more data, including breakdowns by age, sex, race/ethnicity, at the statewide, county, and, in some cases, ZIP code or census tract level, click here.