On October 20-22, Human Resources professionals from dozens of local and national organizations will attend the virtual 21st Annual Delaware SHRM Conference.
The theme of this year’s event is “Employee Experience and the Future of Work.” HR professionals have faced uncharted territory in the past 18 months coming out of a global pandemic. The workplace will never be the same, and HR is taking a leading role in the transformation. The 21st Annual Conference will prepare and equip the region’s HR leaders as they shape the future workplace.
“Many HR professionals thought we had seen the worst of it last year during the pandemic,” says Amanda Boone, incoming president of the Delaware SHRM board. “No one expected it to drag on as it has. It has greatly affected the workplace, and our HR community needs more support than ever before.”
The current president of the Delaware SHRM board, Ashley Eckard-Maule states, “Our team sought out nationally recognized thought leaders for this event. If you are curious about what the future of work looks like, I encourage you to register and join us.”
This landmark event brings together all the local HR development organizations affiliated with the National Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM): Delaware SHRM, the Delaware State Council, and DelMarVa SHRM, thus uniting Delaware’s HR community all in one place, for a common purpose.
Attendees will hear from over a dozen speakers as they lead discussions on various subjects, including business acumen, HR strategy, diversity, inclusion, employment law, legislation, personal and leadership development, talent acquisition and retention, and benefits and rewards. Throughout the three-day virtual conference, several mega sessions and breakout sessions will take place. Attendees will be able to earn 12 HRCI/SHRM continuing education credits through their participation.
Conference highlights include:
- In the opening keynote (October 20, 2021), Matt Mayberry, Former NFL Linebacker and Transformational Leader, will share resources for leading culture optimization in the workplace.
- The second keynote (October 21, 2021) is America’s Top Expert On Leading Change, Dr. Michelle Rozen. Dr. Rozen will share a lesson many HR leaders need right now — how to lead through change!
- The final keynote (October 22, 2021) is author Edie Goldberg. Edie is a renowned expert on human capital management, and she will share her wisdom on how to leverage an internal talent marketplace.
- Additional sessions feature top industry professionals from local and national organizations including, Offit Kurman, the Delaware State Senate, the Women’s Leadership Initiative at the University of Delaware, Richards, Layton & Finger, Lyons Companies, the Marcus Buckingham Company (an ADP Company), Conner Strong & Buckelew, Carvertise and more!
- Many local organizations have come together to show their support of Delaware HR professionals by sponsoring and/or exhibiting at the conference, including Diamond Sponsor the O’Connor Group, and exhibitors Exude, Goldey-Beacom College, Highmark Delaware, Conner Strong & Buckelew, Richards, Layton & Finger, Lyons Companies, the Greater Philadelphia Business Coalition on Health, the Delaware Health and Social Services, Bayhealth, Health Equity, Delaware Prosperity Partnership, Kelly Benefit Strategies, and grand prize sponsor Potter Anderson and Corroon LLP.