Reading Time: < 1 minute
According to the Monday report from the Delaware Division of Public Health, the number of new Covid-19 cases fell below 500.
The daily rate of new cases is now at the highest level since January.
Areas with an elevated rate of new cases include Laurel, Delmar, Harington, Frederica, Smyrna, and Magnolia. The 19711 zip code in Newark is also seeing more cases, due in part to more than 100 daily positive tests in recent days at the University of Delaware.
The University of Delaware Covid-19 dashboard separately reported 376 new cases in the past week and an additional 21 on Monday. (See below)
No new deaths were reported, with the toll from Covid-19 remaining at 1,900.
- 448 new positive cases, bringing the overall total to 125,549.
- 28% of people who tested positive in the seven-day rolling average, up seven-tenths of a percent from the previous day.
- 9.3% of total tests were positive in the seven-day rolling average, up one-tenth of a percent from the previous day).
- 266 current hospitalizations, down 5 from the previous day, including 40 individuals in critical condition.
- 14 new hospital admissions (down 1 from the previous day).
- 508,787 Delawareans fully vaccinated, up 619 from the previous day.
- 1,139,283 total vaccine doses administered, up 1,221 from the previous day.
- 77% of adult population has received at least one dose of Covid-19 vaccine.
.For more data, including breakdowns by age, sex, race/ethnicity, at the statewide, county, and, in some cases, zip code or census tract level, click here.