A campaign known as G.O.A.T (Get Out Around Town) has been launched in Wilmington under the sponsorship of JPMorgan Chase.
The campaign showcases “healthy and safe outdoor outings, entertainment, music, street closures for outdoor dining, and special community events taking place in Wilmington,” a release stated.
“Our adherence to science, common sense and getting vaccinated has brought us rewards, and today, Wilmington is returning to a more normal routine of fun, enjoyable and family-centered events being available to everyone in a healthy and safe outdoor environment,” stated Wilmington Mayor Mike Purzycki. “I urge our own city residents, and those who live nearby but not yet lucky enough to live here, to get out around town and appreciate the tremendous food and entertainment this great City has to offer. The G.O.A.T. campaign will run through the summer and fall at various venues as we celebrate better days ahead.”
Events will include:
- Westside Wednesdays – Outdoor dining and live music every Wednesday in the Westside neighborhood starting at 6 p.m. Participating businesses can be found here.
- Dining On Delaware Avenue in Trolley Square – Every Friday beginning at 4pm, Saturday and Sunday, Delaware Avenue will be closed for outdoor dining.
- Small Business Saturdays at Milk+Honey at 807 N. Union St. 9 a.m. -1 p.m. The event features an outdoor market of specialty handmade goods and products by local entrepreneurs.
- Fireworks at Frawley Stadium after every Blue Rocks home game.
Logistics are being orchestrated by established city organizations as follows:
- The G.O.A.T. calendar of events and ticketing (where applicable) can be found here.
- Regular announcements and coverage of G.O.A.T.events will be hosted by It’s Time Wilmington via YouTube and social channels. Individuals should follow It’s Time on YouTube,Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
- Gable Music Ventures are coordinating the G.O.A.T. programmingfor entertainment. Interested venues or artists can email email@example.com to be considered.
- Curbside Wilmington, in partnership with Downtown Visions, will be orchestrating the G.O.A.T. outdoor permits and fencing for expanded events.