The Delaware Division of Public Health reported hospitalizations dropped below 100 for the first time in months.
New cases rose above 200, but remain below the 300 figure reported earlier in the spring. Delaware is nearing the 50 percent mark when it comes to people who have received at least one dose of vaccine.
The number of vaccinations has been dropping as the issue of vaccine hesitancy surfaces. The state and its partners are now offering walk in vaccinations and other options.
- No new deaths reported today, keeping Delaware’s total number of Covid-related deaths at 1,636.
- 209 new positive cases, bringing the overall total to 106,148.
- 17.2% of people tested positive in the seven-day rolling average, down five-tenths of a percent from the previous day.
- 4.1% of total tests were positive in the seven-day rolling average, unchanged from the previous day. The four percent figure is below the World Health Organization’s benchmark of 5% as a more acceptable level of cases.
- 95 current hospitalizations (down 17 from the previous day), including eight individuals in critical condition.
- 22 new hospital admissions (down four from the previous day).
- 897 people who tested negative, bringing the total to 598,585.
- 330,718 Delawareans fully vaccinated (up 3,757 from the previous day).
- 806,473 total vaccine doses administered (up 6,044 from the previous day).
Check out the map below from Google and its media partners that lists cases, vaccinations, and fatalities from Google and media partners. Clicking on the map will also lead to a link to figures by county throughout the nation.