The UD Covid-19 dashboard reported 87 positive tests on Wednesday. The total number of daily cases in Delaware has been in the 200s.
“Unfortunately, such increased levels of social activity and contact promote transmission of the coronavirus, and we now must act swiftly to slow the spread in our community,” a letter to the campus community stated.
The letter warned that if the number of cases continues to rise, the university will take additional restrictions that could include moving all classes online.
- Carryout only for campus dining halls.
- No guests in residence halls and observance of capacity limits.
- Off-campus students are encouraged to take Covid-19 tests weekly, not mingle with those outside their household units, and use carryout service at restaurants.
- Campus events are limited to 10 people.
- Capacity at Carpenter Sports Building reduced to 25 percent.
- No fans at sporting events.