The work is related to a traffic shift with the -95 Rehabilitation Phase 1 traffic pattern which will require various closures on I-95 northbound through Wilmington Feb. 26 and Feb. 27. Motorists are asked to use alternate routes such as Route 2, Route 141, I-495 or US 13.
For additional information for the I-95 Corridor Project, visit www.restorethecorridor.com
TIMES AND DATES:
Friday, February 26, 7 p.m. until 8 p.m.
- REDUCED LANE CAPACITY, I-95 NB from I-495 Split to US 202 Interchange
- OPEN, Exit 6 I-95 NB off-ramp to MLK Boulevard
- OPEN, Exit 7 I-95 NB off-ramp to Delaware Avenue
- OPEN, 10th/Adams St. on-ramp to I-95 NB
- OPEN, Adams St./Delaware Ave. on-ramp to I-95NB
Friday, Feb. 26, 8 PM until 6:00 a.m. Saturday, February 27
- FULL CLOSURE, I-95 NB between I-495 Split and US 202 Interchange
- CLOSED, Exit 6 I-95 NB off-ramp to MLK Boulevard
- CLOSED, Exit 7 I-95 NB off-ramp to Delaware Avenue
- CLOSED, 10th/Adams St. I-95 NB on-ramp (see Detour to I-95N on-ramp at Delaware Ave/Adams St. below)
Saturday, Feb. 27, 6 a.m.
- I-95 NB AND SB TRAFFIC IN ‘CONTRA-FLOW’ PHASE 1 TRAFFIC PATTERN (reduced lanes I-95 NB and SB)
- OPEN – All I-95 Southbound On- and Off-Ramps
- OPEN – “New” I-95 NB Exit to MLK Boulevard EB
- OPEN – I-95 NB On-Ramp from Delaware Ave./Adams St. (adjustments to the ramp alignment to be done at a later date)
Motorists traveling through Delaware will be directed to use I-495 Northbound.
Motorists going into Wilmington will be directed to use I-495 Northbound to Exit 1/US 13 Northbound and motorists heading to Route 202 will be directed to use I-95 NB to Exit 5B/ Route 141 northbound.