Delaware Business Now offers the only free access personnel file page in Delaware. Send your news items to firstname.lastname@example.org
DuPont announces medal winners
DuPont announced it has named 12 scientists as recipients of the Lavoisier Medal of Technical Achievement and the Pedersen Award Medal.The Lavoisier Medal for Lifetime Technical Achievement is the company’s highest science award and recognizes scientists and engineers who have demonstrated a career of creative technical contributions with significant business impact. The medal is named in honor of the 18th-century French chemist, Antoine Laurent Lavoisier, who is considered the father of modern chemistry.
The Pedersen Medalists are selected by the DuPont Fellows, a group of the highest technical professionals in the company. The medalists’ technical knowledge, skill and commitment in their respective areas have resulted in important new products for DuPont customers. The award is named in honor of Charles J. Pedersen, who received the 1987 Nobel Prize for his discovery of a novel class of chemical compounds.
Winners from Wilmington are:
- Mark Lamontia, DuPont Fellow, Electronics & Imaging, Wilmington – 2019 Lavoisier Award winner for your broad customer-facing materials Applications Development work supporting Kevlar, Tyvek, Nomex, and most recently, the development of Intexar wearable-electronics technologies.
- Steven Oriani, Technical Fellow, Transportation & Industrial,
Wilmington, DE– 2020 Pedersen Medal winner for the commercial development of polyolefin Polymer Processing Aids, and novel polymer blends that enable improved polymer properties and economics, expanding the addressable market for high-performance DuPont materials.
- Nora Radu, Technical Fellow, Electronics & Imaging, Wilmington – 2020 Pedersen Medal winner for her work to advance the performance of materials in used in OLED displays for consumer electronics, and recently to develop novel colorless polyimide films that will enable the next generation of durable, flexible displays for cell phones and tablets.
- Shuhong Wang, Technical Fellow, Transportation & Industrial, Wilmington – 2020 Pedersen Medal winner for building the Kalrez perfluoroelastomer electronics product portfolio, providing sealing solutions for challenging semiconductor wafer manufacturing equipment, and growing Kalrez penetration into adjacent market spaces.
Belfint, Lyons & Shuman, P.A. (BLS), a certified public accounting and consulting firm announces the following promotions.
- Jennifer Schlosberg, CPAhas been promoted to Supervisor in the firm’s Tax & Small Business Department. She is a graduate of the University of Delaware where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting and is a member of the AICPA, DSCPA, and the Society of Financial Professionals – Delaware Chapter.
- Jonathan Turner, CPAhas been promoted to Senior Accountant. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from the University of Delaware and is a member of the AICPA, DSCPA, and the Treasurer of the Ardencroft Association.
- Tanner Barrettahas been promoted to Staff II Accountant in the firm’s Rotational Development Program. He has also passed all parts of the CPA exam and has submitted his application for licensure. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from West Chester University in 2019.
- Lai Ming Hohas been promoted to Staff II Accountant in the firm’s Corporate & International Services Department. Lai Ming has also passed all parts of the CPA exam and is submitting her application for licensure. She is a graduate of the University of Delaware where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting and is a member of the AICPA.
- Ryan Pattersonhas been promoted to Staff II Accountant in the firm’s Rotational Development Program. He is a graduate of Goldey-Beacom University where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting and is a member of the AICPA.
- Charles Riordanhas been promoted to Staff II Accountant in the firm’s Rotational Development Program. He is a graduate of the University of Delaware where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting.
UD appoints Field as interim head of corporate governance center
The University of Delaware announced the appointment of Laura Field, Donald J. Puglisi Professor of Finance and Chairperson, Department of Finance, as Interim Director of the John L. Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance.Longtime director Charles Elson is stepping away from the post.
Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children surgeon gets fellowship
Julieanne Sees, DO,orthopedic surgeon at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children, has been named by the National Academy of Medicine (NAM) to one of just three NAM fellowships nationwide.
Dr. Sees, who is an associate professor at Sidney Kimmel Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, is the 2020 NAM fellow in osteopathic medicine. The fellows were chosen based on their professional qualifications and accomplishments, reputations as scholars, and relevance of field expertise to the work of the NAM and the Health and Medicine Division of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (the National Academies).
The fellows will collaborate with eminent researchers, policy experts, and clinicians from across the country during their two-year fellowship. They will help facilitate initiatives convened by the National Academies to provide nonpartisan, scientific, and evidence-based guidance to national, state, and local policymakers, academic leaders, health care administrators, and the public.
Diamond State Financial Group announces designation
Diamond State Financial Group announced that David Tate recently earned the Certified Business Exit Consultant Designation from the International Exit Planning Association (IEPA).
Habitat for Humanity welcomes marketing manager
Habitat for Humanity of New Castle County welcomed Mitchell Frizzell as Marketing Manager for the affiliate.Frizzell, who previously worked at Philadelphia’s Franklin Institute, and is a Temple University graduate.
Maddy Goss Lauria has joined the Delaware Center for the Inland Bays, Rehoboth Beach, as a communications specialist.
Lauria was a reporter for newspapers in Delaware. She specialized in environmental reporting.
SoDel Concepts names catering head
SoDel Concepts announced that seasoned event planner Chase Cline will head up the SoDel Concepts catering department.
Cline supervises on-site catering at six of the 12 properties, as well as curbside carryout catering at all locations.
Cline also manages the skyboxes for Dover International Speedway for the NASCAR races.He has more than 20 years of catering experience.