SConsumers looking for a way to know if a Delaware business is making an effort to protect their safety should keep an eye out for the Delaware COVID-19 Customer Protection Standards shield.
The Delaware Division of Small Business says customers should keep an eye out forthe Delaware Covid-19 Customer Protection Standards shield.
Participating businesses display the program’s shield decal at their front entrance. The website www.delbiz.com/protect features a searchable database of those businesses, too.
“We want consumers to feel comfortable in returning to the restaurants, retailers and other businesses they love,” said Secretary of State Jeff Bullock. “If consumers know these businesses are taking the required, common sense steps to protect them, they’ll be more confident in walking through the front door. That will help increase revenue for participating businesses during these difficult economic times.”
The Customer Protection Standards initiative is a voluntary, self-reporting program (limitations apply). Businesses pledge to put 10 practices in place.
- Requiring employees to wear face coverings and wash their hands frequently
- Disinfecting high-touch areas regularly
- Making hand sanitizer available to customers, and
- Requiring employees to stay home when they are sick or possibly sick
“We know many small businesses are working hard to comply with the standards the state outlined as part of our reopening guidance,” said Damian DeStefano, Director of the Division of Small Business. “This benefits their bottom line because customers want to patronize businesses they feel are taking steps to create a safe environment.
To be part of the program and receive a shield decal for your business’s front door:
- Visit www.delbiz.com/coronavirus and click on the shield at the top of the page
- Download the program checklist (attached to this release)
- Mark off that all 10 safety measures are in place
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- A scan or photo of the marked off the checklist
- Business’s mailing and web addresses
- Two photos of the business operating safely (these may be used to highlight efforts on the Division of Small Business website or social media accounts)
For more information on the Covid-19 Customer Protection Standards and other support programs from the Delaware Division of Small Business, visit www.delbiz.com/coronavirus.
The Delaware Division of Small Business ispart of the Delaware Department of State.