The figure included more than $61 million in Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) for the self employed.
This is the last week for a $600 a week benefit that was part of the CARES Act. Congress has not been able to come up with an agreement to modify or extend the benefit.
In its weekly report, the Labor Department reported the following:
- 123,326 UI claims filed from 3/15 – 7/18/2020
- 2,720 Initial claims received from 7/12 – 7/18/2020
Total benefits paid from 3/15 – 7/18/2020:
- $664,237,597 in UI benefits paid
- $486,281,959 paid from Federal Government
- $181,746,323 paid from Delaware UI Trust Fund
- 9,976 PUA claims filed since 5/16/2020
- 7,084 PUA claims paid since 5/16/2020
- $61,210,852 in PUA benefits paid since 5/16/2020