In its weekly report, the Delaware Division of Public Health reported 1,026 positive COVID-19 cases involving long-term care residents.
A total of 263 residents of Delaware long-term care facilities died from complications related to COVID-19.
Long-term care patients have accounted for six in ten deaths from coronavirus in Delaware.
In addition, there have been a total of 433 positive cases, and one death, among staff members of Delaware long-term care facilities.
Long-term care statistics reported by DPH are based on verified epidemiological surveillance data. Case data related to long-term care staff is limited to cases in which the individual self-identified as being a staff member at a long-term care facility during case investigation. As a result, data reported may not be complete.
AARP and other groups have demanded more transparency regarding coronavirus cases. The state has also struggled with its plans to regularly test nursing home patients and staff.
Facilities with one death are not listed. Two senior living facilities in Milford and Georgetown and have reported the largest number of deaths. A large portion of Sussex County has seen a large COVID-19 outbreak that is subsiding.
The locations and number of deaths involving residents of long-term care facilities are:
- Atlantic Shores Rehabilitation and Health Center, Millsboro (14)
- Brackenville Center, Genesis Healthcare, Hockessin (11)
- Brandywine Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Wilmington (25)
- Cadia Healthcare Broadmeadow, Middletown (8)
- Cadia Healthcare Capitol, Dover (6)
- Cadia Healthcare Renaissance, Millsboro (2)
- Delaware Hospital for the Chronically Ill, Smyrna (7)
- Governor Bacon Health Center, Delaware City (1)
- HarborChase of Wilmington, Wilmington (3)
- Harbor Healthcare and Rehabilitation, Lewes (16)
- Harrison House Senior Living, Georgetown (33)
- Hillside Center, Wilmington (3)
- Little Sisters of the Poor, Newark (11)
- ManorCare Health Services, Wilmington (12)
- ManorCare Health Services, Pike Creek (8)
- Methodist Country House, Wilmington (3)
- Milford Center, Genesis Healthcare, Milford (31)
- New Castle Health and Rehabilitation Center, New Castle (7)
- Newark Manor Nursing Home, Newark (6)
- Parkview Nursing and Rehabilitation, Wilmington (15)
- Pinnacle Rehabilitation and Health Center, Smyrna (20)
- Regal Heights Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, Hockessin (4)
- Summit Assisted Living, Hockessin (3)
- Sunrise Assisted Living, Wilmington (2)
- Westminster Village, Dover (6)
- Five other New Castle County long-term care facilities (1 death at each facility)
- One Sussex County long-term care facilities (1 death at each facility)
Additional demographic data on COVID-19 cases and deaths, including race/ethnicity, more age-specific data and rates information by ZIP code, can be found on the Division of Public Health’s My Healthy Community data portal.