Electrical problem listed as cause of Greenville Center fire

0

The Delaware Office of the State Fire Marshal determined that a Wednesday afternoon fire in Greenvillewas accidental.

The blaze, reported around 12:30 pm, occurred at 3801 Kennett Pike in the Greenville Center. The Talleyville Fire Company arrived on location with smoke coming from a two-story, commercial building. Talleyville was assisted by nearby mutual aid fire companies.

Deputy fire marshals responded to the scene and conducted the fire investigation. The fire originated inside the ceiling of a 2nd-flooroffice and was caused by an electrical wiring malfunction.

The fire was extinguished by the building’s fire sprinkler system preventing the spread of the flames. There were no reported injuries.

Facebook Comments