Delaware Department of Heath and Social Services officials overseeing the state’s COVID-19 response at Delaware’s long-term care facilities say 6,274 staff coronavirus tests had been run as of Monday, and less than 1 percent of those staff members have tested positive.
The announcement came as the state announced that the virus has claimed the lives of 278 long-term care residents.
All staff testing is expected to be finished by Friday. “We were possibly expecting a 3 to 5 percent positive rate when the asymptomatic staff were being tested,” said Mary Peterson, long-term care incident commander at the State Health Operations Center in Smyrna. “But thank goodness – and I’m going to knock on wood – right now it’s at less than 1 percent, and I hope it stays there.”
Delaware earlier announced it would regularly test all long-term care patients and staff.
On Friday the Delaware Division of Health reported 450 positive cases, and one death, among staff members of Delaware long-term care facilities.
The division Delaware Division of Health reported 1,112 positive COVID-19 cases involving long-term care residents. A total of 278 residents of Delaware long-term care facilities have died from complications related to COVID-19.
Long-term care statistics reported by DPH are based on verified epidemiological surveillance data. Case data related to long-term care staff is limited to cases in which the individual self-identified as being a staff member at a long-term care facility during case investigation. For this reason, data reported may not be complete.
The locations and number of deaths involving residents of long-term care facilities are:
- Atlantic Shores Rehabilitation and Health Center, Millsboro (14)
- Brackenville Center, Genesis Healthcare, Hockessin (15)
- Brandywine Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Wilmington (25)
- Cadia Healthcare Broadmeadow, Middletown (8)
- Cadia Healthcare Capitol, Dover (6)
- Cadia Healthcare Renaissance, Millsboro (2)
- Cadia Healthcare North Wilmington/Silverside, Wilmington (3)
- Delaware Hospital for the Chronically Ill, Smyrna (9)
- Governor Bacon Health Center, Delaware City (1)
- HarborChase of Wilmington, Wilmington (3)
- Harbor Healthcare and Rehabilitation, Lewes (16)
- Harrison House Senior Living, Georgetown (35)
- Hillside Center, Wilmington (3)
- Little Sisters of the Poor, Newark (11)
- ManorCare Health Services, Wilmington (12)
- ManorCare Health Services, Pike Creek (8)
- Methodist Country House, Wilmington (3)
- Milford Center, Genesis Healthcare, Milford (31)
- Millcroft, Newark (2)
- New Castle Health and Rehabilitation Center, New Castle (7)
- Newark Manor Nursing Home, Newark (6)
- Parkview Nursing and Rehabilitation, Wilmington (17)
- Pinnacle Rehabilitation and Health Center, Smyrna (21)
- Regal Heights Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, Hockessin (4)
- Summit Assisted Living, Hockessin (3)
- Sunrise Assisted Living, Wilmington (2)
- Westminster Village, Dover (6)
- Four other New Castle County long-term care facilities (1 death at each facility)
- One Sussex County long-term care facilities (1 death at each facility)
Additional demographic data on COVID-19 cases and deaths, including race/ethnicity, more age-specific data and rates information by zip code, can be found on the Division of Public Health’s My Healthy Community data portal.