Cecil County, MDCounty Executive Alan McCarthy introduced a new grant program for small businesses knwon as Cecil CARES.
Cecil CARES is a $1 million grant program to assist for-profit small businesses, including farm operations. The $10,000 per business, grant proceeds will be administered to the first 100 qualified and completed applications that are received.
Grant applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis starting at 8 a.m. on Thursday, June 4.
Businesses must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- Be a for-profit business in Cecil County
- Have between 2 and 25 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees per Cecil County location that are not owners
- Must have been in operation prior to March 9, 2020
- Must be in good standing with the State of Maryland and Cecil County (must not currently be in default on any loans from Cecil County or delinquent on any taxes/fees owed to Cecil County)
- Must have a combined 2019 revenue of less than $5 million among business affiliates, subsidiaries, and parent company according to a 2019 tax return or end-of-year fiscal statement, required by audit request
- Grant proceeds may be used for working capital to support payroll, rent/mortgage, materials, utilities, or other similar expenses.
“I am thoroughly pleased to be able to offer the Cecil CARES grant program to our local, small businesses,” said McCarthy. “Returning Cecil County to a robust economy where our businesses and community can thrive is one of our goals. Cecil CARES was created to aid in that process.”
Visit www.cecilbusiness.org for the Cecil CARES application and to review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). Small businesses are encouraged to regularly visit www.cecilbusiness.org for information about Cecil CARES and other relevant business information, including federal and state funding assistance programs, during the COVID-19 pandemic.
In addition, www.ccgov.org serves as a central location for relevant information for all Cecil County residents and businesses related to COVID-19.