Helen Stimson, CEO of Delaware Bioscience Association, will leave her post effective June 1 to take a top post with a New Castle company.
Stimson will become Chief Operating Officer of Adesis, a contract research company. Prior to taking the post at Delaware Bio, she held a management post at Agilent Technologies, a laboratory instrument maker.
In a statement, Chris Yochim, chair of the group, offered the following:
For the past three years, Helen has played a critical role in the continued growth and success of the organization, and while we will miss her and the inspiring leadership, we wish Helen the best of luck in her new endeavor. We are fortunate to have had Helen’s dedicated service, which involved many significant accomplishments, including:
- Growing Delaware Bio’s membership while providing personalized attention to help our members solve problems and create new business opportunities
- Building a staff of high performing and dedicated professionals
- Launching the BioDome offices and meeting space, which has been extensively utilized by members and visitors
- Expanding access to the National BIO Business Solutions cost-savings programs
- Developing new opportunities for employees via training programs and participation in business-focused networking events including re-invigorating the BioBreakfast program,annual Gala and Inspiring Women in STEM programs.
- Increasing our advocacy efforts at the state and federal levels on public policy issues important to the life science community
- Establishing endowed scholarship programs at Delaware State, Wesley, Delaware Technical Community College and the University of Delaware
Building a sound financial base for future operations
“It has been an honor and a privilege to have served the Bioscience Association for the last three years. The industry in Delaware is vibrant and growing with the addition of new start-ups, significant new product and service introductions and with the influx of cash from some large venture capital deals. I look forward to contributing to the industry’s success by returning to my business roots and driving the growth of Adesis. I plan to be an active member of the Delaware Bioscience Association and will work to support a smooth transition to a new leader,” Stimson stated.
The Board of Directors has established a Search Committee, and over the next few weeks, we will be conducting a process for identifying the next leader of the association.