ShopRite is recalling one of its packaged ground beef offerings.
The supermarket cooperative announced:
- The recall of Shoprite 100 percent Pure Ground Beef Hamburgers 48 Oz. (16, 3 ounce burgers) UPC 41190-40458 Est #77 Sell by Date: 06/07/2020.
- ShopRite 100% Pure Quarter Pound Ground Beef Hamburgers 128 0z. (32, ¼ Pound Burgers) UPC 41190-40601 Est #77 Sell by Date 06/07/2020
According to Shoprite,the burgers may be contaminated with E. coli bacteria. No illnesses have been reported and only the above listed Lot Code affected.
Customers are asked to return theground beef tothe store for a refund.
Consumers with questions can call 1-800 ShopRite (800-746-7748) Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Weekends 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Consumers can prevent illness from E. Coli and other foodborne pathogens through safe food handling practices that include:
- Washing hands thoroughly before and after handling raw foods.
- Cook all burgers thoroughly to a minimum internal temperature of 160 degrees.
- Always use a digital instant-read meat thermometer to ensure the proper temperature is reached to kill disease-causing bacteria.
- Avoid cross-contamination by keeping raw foods separate from ready-to-eat or cooked foods.
Shoprite has stores owned by the Kenny family in northern Delaware.