As noted earlier in this space a story on marijuana giant Columbia Care opening a medical weed dispensary on Concord Pike in north Wilmington was the top post in October by a wide margin.
A later story on the opening of a Columbia Care medical marijuana store in the Tanger Outlets near Rehoboth Beach did not get anywhere near the traffic. Coastal Sussex has a second medical weed store, not that far away in the Lewes area.
The medical marijuana story was one of the reasons for the Delaware Business Now website had another record month.
The north Wilmington story, which for some reason was not picked by other media outlets, was the top post ever in the nearly seven-year history of the Delaware Business Now website.
The third most visited story was on Iron Hill opting to construct a production brewery in Exton, PA. Delaware was out of the running, due to an arbitrary limit of three breweries owned by one entity.
Below are links to the top 10
- Cannabis giant opens store in north Wilmington
- From the Delaware Public Archives – The day Christiana Mall opened
- Updated: Iron Hill opts for production location in Exton, PA after inaction by General Assembly
- Prices Corner Acme jumps into the liquor license pond
- $20 million brain injury rehab center under construction near Lewes
- Delaware’s minimum wage rises to $9.25 an hour
- JPMorgan Chase expands commitment to hiring ex-offenders
- Employee charged with altering credit card transactions at Rehoboth business
- Man from Bear charged with embezzling $42,000 from Wilmington business
- Operation by law enforcement agencies in New Castle County leads to 43 arrests
If this newsletter was passed along, sign up here to get your own free five-day-a-week E-mail. – Doug Rainey, chief content officer.