Motorists can expect a traffic back-up or two on the Roth Bridge on Route 1 in the coming months.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Philadelphia District will conduct safety inspections on the bridge over the Chesapeake & Delaware canal in October and December.
Lane closures are as follows:
- Oct. 15–17, 2019; southbound exterior lane
- Oct. 18–22, 2019; northbound exterior lane
- Dec. 2–3, 2019; southbound interior lane
- Dec. 3–4, 2019; northbound interior lane
- Dec. 5–13, 2019; northbound and southbound interior lanes (closures will be in only one direction at a time).
Northbound lane closures will occur between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. Southbound lane closures will occur between 6:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The bridge was built in 1995 and carries State Route 1 over the C&D Canal. The main span is 750 feet long and the length of the bridge is 4,650 feet.
The bridge was named in honor of the late Delaware U.S. Senator William V. Roth.