Electrical malfunction in vehicle blamed for Newport fire that causes $100,000 in damage

0

A malfunction with a vehicle has been blamed for a fire that caused heavy damage to a building in Newport, theOffice of the State Fire Marshal report.

The fire, reported shortly after 6 a.m., occurred in the 300 block of South Walnut Street. The Minquas Fire Company responded and found smoke pouring from the building.

Damage was estimated in excess of $100,000. There were no reported injuries.

The office determined the fire originated inside the engine compartment of a utility vehicle parked inside the building due to an electrical malfunction.

Facebook Comments