Among the projects to receive funding are a small hotel in downtown Wilmington to apartments and a food truck court. Entities of the Buccini/Pollin Group accounted for the bulk of the developments.
- NCALL plans to combine two properties, 223 and 225 W. Division Street, to construct a 3-story office building with approximately 7,920 square feet of space. The property is located at the corner of West Division Street and North New Street in Dover. NCALL’s proposed tenant, Delaware State University, plans to open a new small business incubator in this location, NCALL also plans to move their Restoring Central Dover staff to these offices.
- Downtown Properties of Milford LLC plans to use a DDD large project reservation award to renovate a three-story brick building originally constructed in 1855 at 10 NW Front Street. The building will have two commercial units on the first floor rented to businesses for office or retail use and apartments throughout the rest of the building.
- 517 Shipley LLC plans to construct a new multifamily development modeled on the success of the nearby Residences at Midtown Park. The project will contain 208 units and include two levels of parking.
- 519 N. Market LLC plans to redevelop and renovate a beautiful historic building that comprises the northern boundary of “Willington Square” and across the street from the “Old Town Hall” building which was recently renovated by the Delaware Historical Society and is in proximity to several popular restaurants. The redevelopment plan is to renovate the entire building into a hotel, with 33 hotel rooms and a restaurant/hotel lobby and business center on the ground floor.
- BPG Office Partners VIII LLC plans to renovate some of the upper floors in the Nemours Residential building on North Orange Street to transform the 85 executive suites into apartment units as well as adding an additional 75 apartment units.
- Ministry of Caring, Inc. plans to repair and renovate 403 N. Washington St., an abandoned and dilapidated residence, and attach it to 401 N. Washington St., the St. Josephine Bakhita House. The project will expand the capacity to house members of the organization’s religious staff.
- New Compton Towne Associates, LP plans to make significant improvements to the 76 townhouse-style apartments which offer critical, family‐specific affordable housing on the East Side of Wilmington. The goal is to enhance the curb appeal and usability with accessibility improvements.
- Shipley Partners LLC plans to redevelop 803 Shipley Street as two floors of retail and office space while demolishing two-thirds of 805 Shipley Street and adaptively reusing other portions of the building for a restaurant and bar, with an event space on the second floor and a yoga studio on the third floor. Following the demolition of the easterly portion of the structures at 805 Shipley Street, this site will be combined with the unused portions of the site cleared at 807 Shipley Street and a 4,300 square foot beer garden and food truck court will be constructed to complement the adjacent bar and restaurant.