Beebe Healthcare will demolish an office building as part of a remodeling project on its newly named Margaret H. Rollins Lewes Campus.
Part of the project involves demolishing the medical office building on the corner of Savannah Road and Fourth Street to make way for expanded green space. The physician practices formerly housed in the building have been relocated.
Below is a tentative timeline of demolition as it pertains to this building:
- Starting the week of February 4, interior demolition will occur. This work will be contained within the building.
Starting the week of February 11, the exterior demolition of that building will begin. During this week:
- Construction hours will be 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The sound of heavy machinery and general construction noise will be heard around the building during those hours. This noise will be constant throughout the day.
- There will no impact to traffic, but there will be increased truck traffic turning onto FourthStreet and entering the parking lot area.
- If the weather is dry and windy, there will also be a hose spraying water on the building as it is being removed to control dust.
By the end of the week of February 18, the area will be clear of all demolition material.
Beebe is undertaking a number of projects in fast-growing Coastal Sussex County.
Beebe Healthcare has three campuses: the Margaret H. Rollins Lewes Campus, which houses the medical center; the Rehoboth Beach Health Campus; and coming in 2020, the South Coastal Health Campus. For more information about Beebe Healthcare, go to www.beebehealthcare.org.