A greenhouse was destroyed in a fire at Bayside Community Network at 1290 W. Pulaski Highway, Elkton, MD.
Value of the structure was estimated of $250,000, according to the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s office. The main building at the center was not damaged. The greenhouse had no sprinkler or smoke alarm system.
Cause of the fire was not immediately determined, although a leaking propane tank is suspected, a release from the Fire Marshal’s office stated.
The fire was discovered by a volunteer firefighter who was passing by at 6:13 a.m. on Saturday.
Singerly Fire Company put out the fire in 20 minutes.
Bayside provides job training and placement, as well as education and social programs.