Lang Development Group formally announced the development of a new Hyatt Place Hotel on Main Street in Newark.
Pending approval by the City Council, construction is slated to begin June of 2019. Lang had earlier submitted plans to the city, which must approve the project.
The construction of this new hotel will take about 15 months to construct with the hotel scheduled to open in the Fall of 2020.
Jeff Lang, President of Lang Development Group stated, “as a long time resident of over 40 years in Newark, I am excited and energized by this fantastic project and the tremendous potential it has to transform our downtown area for the benefit of the entire city. The city will benefit by increased tax revenue, businesses will benefit by visitors patronizing them and residents will benefit by having a thriving downtown.”
The Hyatt Place’s amenities:
- 147 guestrooms and suites with separate spaces to sleep, work and play, as well as Cozy Corner sofa sleeper
- 24/7 Gallery Menu with freshly prepared meals ay any time of day
- Gallery Kitchen Breakfast, a hot breakfast for guests available daily in the Gallery Kitchen, features hot breakfast items, fresh fruit, steel cut oatmeal, Greek yogurt and more
- 24/7 Gallery Menu &Market serving freshly prepared meals anytime, day or night
- Coffee to Cocktails Bar featuring specialty Starbucks coffees and premium craft beers as well as wines and cocktails.
- Odds & Ends program for forgotten items that guest can buy, borrow or enjoy for free
- Approximately 2,500 square feet of flexible high tech meeting/function space with use of a beautiful outdoor deck providing a unique view of Downtown Newark
- 24 -hour gym featuring cardio equipment with LCD touchscreens
- Pool deck with outdoor amenities.The hotel will be managed by TKo Hospitality Management, located in Newport.
“We are excited to work with Lang Development Group to bring the Hyatt Place brand to Newark, Delaware,” said President Vince DiFonzo of TKo Hospitality. “We are experienced with managing hotels in the Newark market as well as operating the Hyatt Place brand. We have successfully managed and operated the Hyatt Place in Dewey Beach, Delaware and have recently opened a Hyatt Place Ocean City, Maryland. We look forward to being part of the Downtown business community and hosting guests that visit the area and the University of Delaware.”
There are more than 312 Hyatt Place locations all over the world such as Armenia, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Costa Rica, Germany, Honduras, India, Mexico, Morocco, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rica, Thailand, The Netherlands, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and the United States. For more information, visithyattplace.com.
Lang Development Group is located in Newark, Delaware and is the largest developer in the city. Created over 15 years ago by Jeff Lang, LDG is a full service, real estate acquisition, development and property management company. Currently, LDG portfolio includes 25 various properties comprising over 300 residential apartments and in excess of 500,000 square feet of commercial space. For more information, visitlangdevelopmentgroup.com.