Hyatt Place Ocean City/Oceanfront, the first Hyatt-branded hotel in the resort town, has opened.
The new hotel features the Hyatt Place brand’s design, casual atmosphere and practical amenities, such as free Wi-Fi and 24-hour food offerings.
The hotel is a joint venture owned by PRBR Hospitality Group LLC and operated by TKo Hospitality Management, based in Newport, DE.
The hotel is located on the Ocean City Boardwalk.
Ocean City has been a popular vacation destination for more than 100 years, boasting 10 miles of beaches. The city’s aging hotel stock is now seeing new properties like Hyatt Place.
“As the town of Ocean City continues to grow and thrive economically, we are excited to add to the momentum by welcoming the first Hyatt Place Hotel to the area,” said General Manager Ken Conklin.
Hyatt Place Ocean City/Oceanfront offers:
- 105 guestrooms with separate spaces to sleep, work and play, as well as a sofa-sleeper
- Free Wi-Fi throughout hotel and guestrooms
- Gallery Kitchen Breakfast, a hot breakfast available daily.
- 24/7 Gallery Menu & Market serving freshly prepared meals anytime, day or night and sandwiches and salads
- Hot breakfast daily
- Free wi-fi
- Coffee to Cocktails Bar featuring Starbucks specialty coffee drinks, local craft beers, as well as wines and cocktails
- Odds & Ends program for forgotten items that guests can buy, borrow or enjoy for free
- Meeting space offering more than 1,550 square feet of high-tech meeting/function space
- 24-hour Gym featuring cardio equipment with LCD touchscreens and free ear buds
Hyatt Place Ocean City/Oceanfront is under the leadership of General Manager Conklin, Assistant General Manager Veronica Hernandez and Director of Sales Lauren Prendergast. The hotel has 50 associates.