Tne “Battle of Bars for Newark Area Non-Profits” will be held on Friday, August 10from 5 p.m to 8 p.m. on the patio at the Courtyard Marriott at the University of Delaware at 400 David Hollowell Drive in Newark.
The event brings together community leaders and supporters of the eight participating bars, each who has selected a local non-profit agency to earmark all money earned by their respective bars. The change in the format of the event will allow more non-profits to benefit from this community-based project.
This year’s event will pit eight downtown Newark restaurants against each other in the battle for bragging rights and the “Paco Cup”, named in memory of Newark’s first K-9 officer. Bartenders will compete to generate the most tips and drink sales. A dunk tank provided by the Newark FOP.
Participating Newark Restaurant Bars and Non-Profits:
- Home Grown Café–National Multiple Sclerosis Society – Greater Delaware Valley Chapter
- Deer Park Tavern–Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition
- Stone Balloon Ale House– DE State Police Memorial Fund
- The Greene Turtle–Preston’s March For EnergyandFriends of Newark K-9 Officers
- Grotto UD–Easterseals Delaware & Maryland’s Eastern Shore
- Klondike Kate’s Restaurant & Saloon–Friends of Newark K-9 Officers
- Timothy’s of Newark–Friends of Newark K-9 Officers
- Arena’s Newark–NAMI Delaware