The SBA’s Delaware District Office is seeking nominations for its annual Small Business Awards, honoring Delaware small business, as well as business owners and assistance organizations.
At this year’s Delaware Small Business Awards Ceremony in May 2018, the Office will present several awards:
- Small Business Person of the Year
- Exporter of the Year
- Minority-Owned Small Business of the Year
- Woman-Owned Small Business of the Year
- Veteran-Owned Small Business of the Year
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- Family-Owned Small Business of the Year
Nominations for these awards can be mailed or hand-delivered to the SBA Delaware District Office – 1105 N. Market Street, Lobby Level, Wilmington, Del. 19801 – no later than 3 p.m. on January 9, 2018.
“This is a national awards program, and many of the award winners from local and state small business award events are invited to the national celebration of National Small Business Week,” said John Fleming, SBA Delaware Director. “Locally, award winners from Delaware and their nominators – in both national and local categories – are recognized at a high-profile awards ceremony and networking event, drawing some of the area’s top lenders, economic development organizations, and small business people, as well as elected officials and members of the press. Both the local and national recognition of award winners through this awards program celebrates the millions of small businesses in America that employ more than half the country’s private workforce and generate so many American innovations.”
The SBA Awards nomination process is simplified this year; completed SBA Award nominations consist of a completed:
- SBA Award Nomination form; and
- SBA Background Form 3300.
Both of these forms are found online at: http://www.sba.gov/nsbw/awards.
Businesses are eligible to be nominated for the 2018 SBA Small Business Awards if they meet the following criteria:
- Qualify as a small business under SBA’s size standards, found at: https://www.sba.gov/contracting/getting-started-contractor/make-sure-you-meet-sba-size-standards/table-small-business-size-standards
- Operating as a for-profit business; and
- In business for at least three years.
For more information on SBA’s Small Business Awards, visit: http://www.sba.gov/nsbw/awardsor contact Jim Provo, SBA’s Delaware District Small Business Awards Representative at 302-573-6185 or firstname.lastname@example.org