A Glasgow-area farm-residence will hold its version of the increasingly popular European Christmas Fair on Saturday.
Poplar Hall will hold the event from 10 a.m to 6 p.m. at 3176 Denny Road, in the Lums Pond area. The event was mentioned by Food and Wine Magazine in a listing of Christmas fairs in all 50 states.
The fairs have become mainstays in cities and towns around the nation and often feature a German touch. Such is the case with a fair in Baltimore, a city with Geman roots.
Highlights of the Delaware event include:
- Makers and handmade item only - Live demonstrations with blacksmith, spinning, woodworking and other crafts.
- Food and drinks from chef Bryan Sikora (La Fia Bistro, Merchant Bar, Cocina Lolo, Hearth Kitchen)
- Craft Beer from Fordham and Dominion Brewing Co
- Wine from Harvest Ridge Winery
- Cider from Rebel Seed Cidery
- Live music from Hotsy Totsy
Click here for information: