Fire causes $80,000 in damage to Texas Roadhouse in Bear


The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s office has determined that a Friday afternoon’s fire in Bear that damaged the popular Texas Roadhouse restaurant was accidental.

Deputy fire marshals were called to investigate the blaze at the steakhouse at 250 Buckley Boulevard, near Pulaski Highway after firefighters extinguished a fire inside the occupied restaurant shortly after 3:30 p.m.

The restaurant opens to patrons at 4 p.m. on weekdays.


It was determined that the fire started inside the ventilation duct work above the kitchen. Grease ignited inside the duct work causing flame damage to the roof.

Fire damage was estimated at $80,000. There were no reported injuries. The restaurant was reopened at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday.

Facebook Comments
Previous articleDelaware spared in wave of JC Penney store closings
Next articleTech Forum’s Idea Challenge helps Food Bank deal with more volunteers than tasks
Delaware Business Now is a four-year-old, five-day-a-week newsletter and website operated by Bird Street Media LLC. Publisher and Chief Content Officer is Doug Rainey, a 30-year veteran of business journalism in the state of Delaware.  Business Now focuses on breaking business news in Delaware and immediate adjacent areas with apropriate background and perspective. Also offered exclusively in our FREE newsletter is commentary on state and regional issues. Have a complaint, question or even a compliment? Send an email to For advertising information, click on the About tab at the top of the home page Our business hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Call us at 302.753.0691.