Named Small Business Person of the Year wasDonna Venderwendeof Vanderwende Farm Creamery. Bridgeville.
Vanderwende is a family owned and operated, three generation business, with the help of some other very dedicated employees. William and Ellen Vanderwende purchased this farm in 1954, starting with six cows and $35.
The farm has since grown to about 4,000 acres that are home 225 registered Holstein cows.
The creamery has ice cream shop locations on the farm, in Dewey Beach and Greenwood, DE. It also operates an ice cream truck that is a common sight at community events.
Other winners are:
- Small Business Exporters of the Year: Kenneth James, Supercritical Fluids Technologies. Newark.
- Woman Owned Business of the Year: Nina Anderson, Tova Healthcare. New Castle.
- Minority Owned Business of the Year: Lindsay Jo Cannon, Little Einstein’s Preschool. Georgetown.
- Young Entrepreneurs of the Year: Jay Chinubhai Patel, Greenhill Pharmacy. Wilmington.
- Financial Champion of the Year: Scott Swingle, WSFS Bank. Rehoboth Beach.
New Small Business Award Categories:
- ‘Frank J. Masley’ Small Business Champion of the Year: Bob O’Brien, SCORE. Wilmington..
- Downtown Delaware Award: Erin Thwaites, Bel Boutique. Dover.
SBA’s Delaware awards ceremony celebrating National Small Businesses Week in the First State is set for Wednesday, May 3 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the DuPont Country Club, 1001 Rockland Road, Wilmington, Del.
Tickets to attend the event are $50.00.
Click on the link below to attend: