Greyhound announced Greyhound Express — the company’s non-stop service between major cities — will start service at the University of Delaware in Newark, Del. on Nov. 7, with service to Philadelphia, New York, Baltimore and Dover.
Tickets are on sale at this link, with fares starting at $1. The addition of Greyhound follows the debut of Megabus on the UD campus.
“We’re pleased to bring Greyhound Express to this community of students, faculty and neighbors upon the request of the University of Delaware,” said Dave Leach, CEO, Greyhound. “Demand such as this is the reason why we’ve been able to expand Express so quickly over the past two years. We’re honored to offer members of the University of Delaware community a fast, safe and comfortable ride as well as the convenience of an on-campus stop.”
- Philadelphia – Newark, Del. – Four daily trips with one additional trip Fridays and Sundays
- Newark, Del., to Philadelphia – Four daily trips
- New York to Newark, Del. – Three daily trips with one additional trip Fridays and Sundays
- Newark, Del., to New York – Four daily trips with one additional trip Friday and two additional trips on Sunday
- Between Dover, Del., and Newark, Del. – One daily round trip with one additional trip Fridays and Sundays
- Baltimore to Newark, Del. – Three daily trips
- Newark, Del., to Baltimore – Two daily trips
Pick up and drop off for Greyhound Express at the University of Delaware is off of Christiana Drive next to University Parking Lot #6. Greyhound customers are not permitted to park in Lot 6, but parking is available elsewhere with a valid visitor permit. For more information about parking at the University, click here:
Greyhound Express operate buses equipped with features such as free Wi-Fi, power outlets, leather seats and reserved seating. Customers can buy their Express ticket online to take advantage of discount pricing or print their ticket at home. All tickets are nonrefundable.