The website is devoted to city-related services, news and information. The website was designed to be easier to use and navigate.
The new design was created specifically with the city’s residents and visitors in mind. The online visitor has immediate access to the website’s major topic areas that allow browsing and searching through information about city government, departments and services, business information, and visitor highlights.
“Having an improved website for Newark helps keep residents engaged and interested in what is happening here,” says Newark City Manager Carol Houck. “It has been long overdue and it just seemed to be the right time to improve our website as we continue to distinguish our city as a great place to live, work and do business.”
Enhancements to the website include:
- Improved Navigation – Web pages work in intuitive and consistent ways, making it easier for visitors to find what they are looking for and know they are within the website.
- A quick reference “How do I?” section that allows website visitors to quickly find the answer to frequently asked questions.
- “Report a Concern” facilitates inter-office and government-to-citizen communication and workflow concerning requests reported by residents.
- “Community Voice” allows residents and website visitors to interact with the government and with each other by suggesting initiatives, posting ideas and participating in conversations around community proposals. “Community Voice” encourages community engagement and discussion.
- A photo gallery that allows users to explore Newark through the eyes of residents and visitors.