The Biden Institute at the University of Delaware will hold an event focusing on the changing world of work.
According to a release, “automation and other transformations in our economy are spurring fears regarding widespread job loss and further hollowing-out of the middle class. But, we can also seize the opportunities presented by these changes in order to build a stronger economy and a more successful workforce.”
On Sept. 19th, former Vice President Joe Bidenwill host and guide a panel of business and government leaders in a discussion on the future of quality jobs. The discussion will be held at Mitchell Hall on the UD Newark campus.
Guest speakers include:
- Byron Auguste,presidentandco-founder, Opportunity@Work, former National Economic Council Advisor
- Elaine Chao, U.S.Secretary of Transportation, former U.S. Secretary of Labor
- Mary Kay Henry,President, Service Employees International Union (SEIU)
- Penny Pritzker,Chairman of PSP Capital Partners, LLC and former U.S. Secretary of Commerce
- Jim Murren,Chairman and CEO, MGM Resorts International
- Suzanne Clark,Senior Executive Vice President, US Chamber of Commerce
There is no charge for the event, but reservations are required. Click here for a link to the reservations site.