Workers’ compensation specialist The MEMIC Group presented awards for workplace safety to ten of its more than 20,000 policyholders, with Wilmington-based Iron Hill among the companies honored.
MEMIC Senior Vice President of Loss Control and Safety Services Karl Siegfried honored the following employers for their workplace safety efforts.
- H. Grover, Inc. of North Yarmouth, ME
- Aspen Aerogels, Inc. of Northborough, MA
- Commonwealth Care of Roanoke, Inc. VA
- Demoulas Super Markets, Inc. of Tewksbury, MA
- Dunbar & Brawn Construction of Bangor, ME
- G.S. Precision, Inc. of Brattleboro, VT
- Iron Hill Brewery, LLC of Wilmington
- R.H. Reny Inc. of Newcastle, ME
- Richardson Brands Company, Inc. of Canajoharie, NY
- Smith’s Farm, Inc. of Presque Isle, ME
Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant produces hand-crafted beers and New American cuisine in locations in Delaware, Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
“They operate a premier safety committee that comes up with creative and innovative methods for addressing workplace issues,” MEMIC Safety Management Consultant Michael Havel commented in regard to Iron Hill. “Each of the safety committee members can positively recognize employees working safely and with ownership and management backing they actively review claims and incident trends.”
The MEMIC Group insures more than 20,000 employers and their estimated 300,000 employees. Offices are located in New Hampshire, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Florida, in addition to the headquarters in Portland, ME.