Fire from balky refrigerator causes $100,000 damage at Greenville jeweler

0

An early morning fire resulted in $100,000 damage to a Greenville jewelry store.

The fire was reported shortly after 2:30 a.m. at 4001 Kennett Pike inside the Jewelry Exchange of Delaware in the Greenville Crossing II Shopping Center. The Talleyville Fire Company responded to the alarm.

State fire investigators were called to the scene to conduct the investigation. The fire originated in the rear of the store from an electrical malfunction with a refrigerator. The flames were doused by an automatic sprinkler system.

Advertisement

The store fire was the second commercial blaze over the weekend. On Friday, a fire in the ventilation system of the kitchen at the Texas Roadhouse in Bear caused $80,000 in damage. The restaurant opened about 24 hours later.

Facebook Comments
Advertisement
Advertisement